|Native K8s on vSphere 6.7U3 with CSI v1.0.2, v1.0.3, v2.0.0, v2.0.1, v2.1.0, v2.1.1||Native K8s on vSphere 7.0 with CSI v2.0.0, v2.0.1, v2.1.0, v2.1.1||Native K8s on vSphere 7.0u1 with CSI v2.1.0, v2.1.1||vSphere with Tanzu on vSphere 7.0 – Supervisor Cluster||vSphere with Tanzu on vSphere 7.0u1 – Supervisor Cluster||vSphere with Tanzu on vSphere 7.0 – TKG Service ‘Guest’ Cluster||vSphere with Tanzu on vSphere 7.0u1 – TKG Service ‘Guest’ Cluster|
|CNS UI Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Enhanced Object Health in UI||Yes (vSAN only)||Yes (vSAN only)||Yes (vSAN only)||Yes (vSAN only)||Yes (vSAN only)||Yes (vSAN only)||Yes (vSAN only)|
|Dynamic Block PV support (
|Dynamic File PV support (
||No||Yes (vSAN only)||Yes (vSAN only)||No||No||No||No|
|Encryption support via VMcrypt||No||Yes (Block Volume)||Yes (Block Volume)||No||No||No||No|
|Dynamic Virtual Volume (vVOL) PV support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Offline Volume Expansion support (beta)||No||Yes (Block Volume)||Yes (Block Volume)||No||No||No||Yes (Block Volume)|
|Topology/Availability Zone support (beta)||Yes (Block Volume)||Yes (Block Volume)||Yes (Block Volume)||No||No||No||No|
|Static PV Provisioning||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|K8s Multi-node Control Plane support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Volume Health||No||No||No||No||Yes (Block Volume)||No||Yes (Block Volume)|
|In-tree vSphere volume migration to CSI (beta)||No||No||Yes||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
- We do not recommend
betafeatures for production use. Subsequent releases may introduce incompatible changes.
- vSphere CSI driver is not supported on Windows based vCenter.
- vSphere CSI driver is not supported on vSAN stretch cluster.
- vSphere CSI driver and Cloud Native Storage in vSphere does not currently support Storage DRS feature in vSphere.
- The dynamic creation of read-write-many (
RWX) and read-only-many (
ROX) file based Persistent Volumes is only available in vSphere 7.0 through vSAN 7.0 File Services.
- PV Encryption, offline volume expansion and Topology/AZ support are only available on block based Persistent Volumes. These features are not available with PVs backed by file shares.
- Offline volume expansion requires a minimum Kubernetes version of 1.16+.
- Multi-node Control Planes only supports having a single CSI Pod being active at any time (replica = 1 in controller manifest).
WaitForFirstConsumeris a K8s feature that delays volume binding until the Pod has been scheduled, and is used for Pod and PV placement.