The latest vSphere CSI Driver release is recommended for better stability and performance. Please refer to Compatibility Matrix for more detail.
|Feature||Supported vSphere CSI Driver Releases||vSphere 7.0u2||vSphere 7.0u1||vSphere 7.0||vSphere 6.7U3|
|Enhanced Object Health in UI for vSAN Datastores||v1.0.3 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Dynamic Block PV support (
||v1.0.3 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Dynamic Virtual Volume (vVOL) PV support||v1.0.3 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Topology/Availability Zone support (beta) (Block Volume only)||v1.0.3 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Static PV Provisioning||v1.0.3 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|K8s Multi-node Control Plane support||v1.0.3 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|WaitForFirstConsumer (beta)||v1.0.3 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Offline Volume Expansion support (beta) (Block Volume only)||v2.0.0 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Encryption support via VMcrypt (Block Volume only)||v2.0.0 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Dynamic File PV support through vSAN 7.0 File Services on vSAN Datastores||v2.0.0 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|In-tree vSphere volume migration to CSI (beta)||v2.1.0 to v2.2.1||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|Online Volume Expansion support (beta) (Block Volume only)||v2.2.0 to v2.2.1||✅||❌||❌||❌|
- We do not recommend
betafeatures for production use. Subsequent releases may introduce incompatible changes.
- vSphere CSI driver does not support Windows based vCenter.
- vSphere CSI driver currently does not support vSAN stretch cluster.
- vSphere CSI driver and Cloud Native Storage does not currently support Storage DRS feature in vSphere.
- Offline/Online volume expansion requires a minimum Kubernetes version of 1.16+.
- Online volume expansion requires vCenter and all ESXi hosts to be on vSphere 7.0u2 build.
- Multi-node Control Planes only supports having a single CSI Pod being active at any time (replica = 1 in controller manifest).